Message from the BOG
MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIRMAN-B.O.G
Hirimani Secondary school is the only Secondary school within the Bura Division. It offers opportunities for further Education for 13 primary schools.
Most of its students are less fortunate and perform below their capacity, as they are destitute and cannot afford the bus fares to distant schools let alone fees.
The community surrounding the school is Predominantly Pastoralist. Hence many do not view education as an important aspect in Development.
The most affected are the girls who do not complete primary Education let alone joining secondary school. The Community considers an educated girl as one who cannot be married.
Some of the Rescue measures taken by the BOG are to allow girls attend the school with very low KCPE Marks. Others conceive along the way but are allowed back.
The major challenge is finances; some of the students being orphans cannot afford fees. On behalf of the BOG, I appeal for bursaries and scholarships not only to the students in school today but to help them access higher learning in college.
LIST OF BOARD OF GOVERNERS
- Mr. Ramadhan Divaya Babijani - Chairman
- Mr. Khalif Dugal
- Mrs. Halima Duri ware - Vice Chairperson
- Mr. Charles Nderitu Theuri
- Fr. Jose Albertu Lopez
- Mr. J.J. Njoka
- Ms. Monica Koech
- Mr. John Mark Otieno
- Mrs. Hadijah Juma
- Mr. Nuhu Roble
- Mr. Alfred Ngonyo - PTA Chairman
- Mr. Mohamed Myetto - PTA Member
- Mrs. Prudence Jasph - PTA Member
- Mr. Ambaka Douglas - Secretary BOG
- Hon. Dr. Nuhu Nasir - M.P Bura Constituency.
- Cllr. Mohammed Dube - Cllr. Bura.